Sometimes we get reminded of how important perspective is. A few examples lately:
MJ is SO excited to “vote” tomorrow at school. Many (including me) take this for granted or see it as a chore or burden. My eight year old is looking forward to it, she did her “research” and knows who she is voting for and prepared to defend it! Many fought for this right for all of us and we should all see it that way! No matter your political preference or level of HAD IT with this election, I hope everyone has voted or will vote tomorrow!
I take MJ to school 99% of the time. I won’t lie and say that I don’t take it for granted. I am blessed to have the ability to do that. I have since she was in K-5. I took Christian to school for the most part until he was able to drive. This is something that some Moms would love to do. This morning, Mike was so happy to be able to drive MJ to school. He’s playing in a golf tournament today and made sure he planned his morning to have the time for his baby girl. It warms my heart mostly but it also reminds me that what one person might grumble about or not look forward to, another longs for. What one person sees as a responsibility, another sees as a JOY.
I guess it’s fitting that I am realizing this now…in this season of THANKSGIVING. Basically, I am hoping this reminds me to not take things for granted, to choose JOY and to be thankful for the blessings that the Lord has given me. Maybe someone else could use a reminder too. 🙂
No, not starting a business…not closing a business or minding my business….just I’m BUSY!
Moving, Disney, kids, summer, work, etc etc etc have kept me from stopping and trying to remember any of it…that makes me sad. However it makes me MADcrazyHAPPY that I have been too busy to notice. Lately the only thing I even WRITE is my prayer list (which seems to get longer by the day – sadly) so sitting down to type is unthinkable one some days!
Moving has definitely been the time suck of the year! Hmm, I guess technically “moving” itself wasn’t the time consuming activity….that was over in a day. Filling a house has been the thing….buying new things, repurposing old ones, shopping for bargains, creating new memories in a new space. It’s been EXHAUSTING…but most of all…it’s been FUN!!! It’s one of those things that makes it so apparent to me that crazy times bring out the MOST of what you have the most of. If you have love and fun and happiness, you will get more of THAT. My sweet husband has been so awesome throughout this transitional phase of having a new space to live in…..he’s dealt with my shopping habits, my chevron obsessions and my need to decorate every nook and cranny with some form of turquoise, aqua or gray! My kids have totally enjoyed finding their own new things and old things alike and have been such troopers about keeping things clean and organized. My Mom has been….an angel! She has loved shopping for me and crafting and lending a hand or elbow or whatever was needed. My niece helped unpack like a madwoman and it was a great time to have my entire family…inlaws, parents, niece and her boyfriend, sissy and her hubby and my baby niece….my kids…our friend Zoe…it was just awesome. I have had more visitors in a month than I believe I had at my former house in the seven years we lived there! It’s just fun getting opinions on decor and organization sometimes, right? ((OH AND THERE IS THAT POOL PROJECT THAT I HAVE NIGHTMARES ABOUT!!! SO MANY DECISIONS…….EEEEEK.)
Getting the kids ready for back to school…fun times. My kids will all be at the same school and I’m thrilled about that. MJ is starting K5 and I can’t even believe it. The speed at which time has flown is amazing. I’d like to say I’m dealing with my baby going to school very well but I’m not a liar. She’s so ready and I want to show her how excited I am for her and I do…and then I fall apart alone!! WHEW! It will be all fine and well next Friday after it’s been a day and we’ve had “that” day and she did fine and was happy and didn’t hold onto my leg for dear life. (Dear God, please don’t let that happen. Amen.) The boys are kinda “meh” about school starting back….but that’s to be expected at 12 and 15. Happy for them to get in there and get it going though!
Mike’s promotion + school = CRAZY! Many nights when we first moved in (he had finals then), I didn’t see him after dinner because I couldn’t stay up until he got in bed! Work has been busy for him as well….he hasn’t even played much golf lately!
TO BE CONTINUED…………I can’t even stay awake!!!
I’m not sure if it’s age or kids or a hubby who gets up way before me…but over time, I’ve become THAT morning person! I love going to the office early and being way productive before anyone even gets in. I love to get up early and feel like I’m not wasting any of the day! I have more energy in the morning and can usually tell that around 4 pm I am hitting my wall and need to slow down a bit in order to make it until bedtime. What I still need to figure out? Why, as exhausted as I am, I can’t go to SLEEP then? Ohhh, insomnia, you are not my friend!!
When are YOU most productive and energized?
I don’t like resolutions. I shy away from predictions. I am more of a “goals and objectives” kinda gal. In – SHOCKER – a list form! Here are some of my goals for the coming year:
- Read the Bible AT LEAST daily.
- Become more active in my church. Also, if I’m uncomfortable with that, find a church that I am comfortable with doing that in.
- Keep blogging. I love to journal and I love the feedback that I get. It’s not usually in comments, but rather in emails or direct messages that are from close friends. I appreciate that so much.
- Do more random acts of kindness. How about making them NORMAL and not RANDOM?
- Disney. Again.
- Make sure my teenagers know how very special they are…and then keep telling them. Every day. I see so much hurt in teens all over the place and I need to be SURE I don’t have that under my roof. Ever.
- Be more expressive of my feelings in person. I have a pretty hefty problem of expressing myself if you’re in the same room with me. Over blogs, texts, emails – I can rock out words a plenty. I need to get over it.
So, I’ve been a bad, bad girl. I haven’t been on FB to post every day what I’m thankful for! <Gasp!> (Before you think I’m talking about YOU, I did it last year and I didn’t hate it….so I’m not judging.)
But, we all know by now, I’m a list girl. I’m thankful for lists. That’s all! Good night, thanks!
- My personal relationship with my Lord and Saviour. (If you don’t have that, please talk to me!)
- My sweet, considerate, funny hubby. Our relationship is crazy strong and we are just getting started! (Six years…)
- My kids…all three of them are so different but such great combinations of personality, wit and charm. (And sarcasm.)
- My family, every single member of it. Both sides. All sides. Especially the relationship with my Mom. Always there for me. Always willing to listen. Also, the relationship between myself and my step-wife (my step-son’s Mom if you are not in the know) is such a blessing. No drama, just working together for the good of our families that are intertwined. Makes perfect sense, huh? 🙂
- Our home. Though we are trying to sell it…it has provided shelter from storms, cold (hmm), heat and rain…we’ve welcomed a new life into this home together and had many moments of cheer and sadness as well.
- My job and it’s blessings..coworkers…my team..my boss..my friends made and kept there…
- Yoga pants
- Short hair (don’t care)
- Talenti gelato
- My wonderful family physician…Phillip takes such good care of us ALL!
- A clean house and the fabulous lady who makes that possible!! (Love my cleaning angel!)
- That all my kids are potty trained!!!
- Social media. It’s been a lifeline at times for me. Might sound sad..but it’s true.
- Lifetime movies
- Nordstrom personal stylists. Sometimes when I put on one of the outfits she put together for me I’m still shocked that I’ve gone outside the box on some things.
- Hallmark Channel
- Dasani water
- Bojangles. Just yes.
- Thyroid medicine. Makes such a difference.
- Excel. Pivot tables. V look ups.
- Fantasy Football – gives me a reason to watch and spend time with my boys and hubby
- Blogging. A healthy outlet for me.
Hmm. I feel strongly about lots of things. Family stuff, Jesus stuff, economic things, diet issues, and even alpha tests in Marketing. For the purpose of this blog…….let’s stay light and cheery.
I feel strongly about being positive. I truly try to see the best in any given situation. I think it can change the outlook of people around you and turn a situation around. PLEASE do not mistake this for some “you get the energy back that you send out” type of thing because that is NOT what I am saying (maybe I feel strongly about that too……). I am just convinced that you seriously can make a situation worse when you expect the worst and complain and whine about it! I feel so blessed to get up every morning….I try to not complain about aches and pains (except for post-boot camp) and I really do try to focus on the good things. I try to give others the benefit of the doubt…try to expect that they are trying to help….don’t assume that someone is out to hurt me or get me. I truly don’t understand the “eeyore” mentality that some people have. It just gets to me! Be grateful for what you have!!!
Other than that, I have no opinion on the matter……